Monday, February 01, 2010

A View from Veranda


In December, I took advantage of offer to subscribe to various Hearst publications for the sale price of $5.00 each. I must have bought at least 10 magazines in hopes of spotting new trends of which I can apply to my work as a pet trend expert. One of the first magazines that I received was Veranda, a lovely home décor and decorating magazine.

While perusing through the March issue, I spotted a few dogs (Lab Mix, black Labrador retriever, Labradoodle, Golden Doodle, Italian greyhound and and calico, Domestic Short-Hair cat photographed within the home spreads. Moreover, I was happy to read Lisa Newsome's Editor’s Note in which she acknowledges that there were a number of pictures of animals featured in this issue. She wrote that “Pets bring such joy to our lives with their energy, intelligence and loyalty. Even so, they are not for everyone.”

Obviously from her comment, Lisa is a pet lover and I appreciate that she also recognizes that pets are not for everyone, especially those who want to keep a beautiful homes. Let’s face it they commit faux pas. They potty or vomit on the rug and unexpected places. They shed and can cause our friends and family to have allergic reactions. They can even get on our nerves.

However, they are superb companions. And as a result, I don’t mind buying an expensive vacuum that will collect all the pet hair and taking the time to decorate my home with them in mind.

No comments: