Sunday, May 03, 2009

Greening Dog Waste


Recently, I discovered that about 4 billion tons of dog waste is collected each year and that plastics are the fourth highest generated waste in the United States Considering I have four dogs, deal with a lot of dog waste on a daily basis and dispose of it in plastic bags, I decided to help alleviate this situation. From my interest in Puppies Behind Bars this past year, I have learned that all it takes to make a difference is one dog and one person. So to help make an environmental impact, I decided to use biodegradable Poop Bags.

Poop Bags are made from a combination of corn and other renewable products which meet the highest standards for biodegradability. Specifically, PoopBags meet the ASTM D6400 specification for biodegradability, and comply with biodegradable product claims in all 50 states. Additionally, they contain no chemical additives to enhance their decomposition. The bags will decompose naturally when exposed to the Earth's elements and micro-organisms in the soil.

To learn more about ordering Poop Bags so that you and your dog can make a difference, visit www.poopbags.com

No comments: